Hello everyone. This is a repost of an internship opportunity at the Queens Podcast Lab. It is a great opportunity for Queens College students who are interested in the craft and business of content creation. Meet students who share your interests, learn media production and enterprise management skills, and have fun while you earn money or college credit.
The Queens Podcast Lab is a non-profit social science and humanities collaboration that seeks to advance the art and craft of content creation, with a special focus on podcasting, the podcast medium, and podcast enterprises. The project operates out of Queens College in the City University of New York. Currently, the Lab produces two podcasts:
- The Annex Sociology Podcast, a nationally-charted social science podcast
- The QC Pod, a new podcast featuring the people, ideas, and projects that make the Queens College community.
The Lab is directed by Queens College faculty and has worked in collaboration with researchers and creators from other major universities. Our Internship Program gives students training and hands-on experience in media entrepreneurship, the task of developing and operating an enterprise that develops and conveys digital content (e.g., YouTubers, TikTokers, podcasters, digital authors, and bloggers). Students can pursue their dreams of social media stardom while developing valuable skills and experience.
We offer students the opportunity to learn all these facets of content entrepreneurship, though we tailor each internship to the individual student’s personal interests, aptitudes, and schedule:
- Multimedia Production Technology, like Adobe Creative Suite products or their substitutes.
- Small Enterprise Administration
- Content Development
- Audience Development and Relationship Management
- Web Development and Search Engine Optimization
- Marketing, with an emphasis on Social Media Marketing
- Hands-On Experience Developing their Own Podcast Miniseries
- A Workshop on Developing Their Own Enterprises
Students are given credit for all creative work for their own portfolios, will be given a queenspodcastlab.org email address, and will be featured as interns on the Podcast Lab web site.
Paid internships are at times available for eligible students, and Queens College students with a GPA of at least 3.5 or previous media production experience can apply for our internship for credit program.
For more information, contact Joseph Cohen at [email protected]