- Joseph N. Cohen (2017) Financial Crisis in American Households: The Basic Expenses that Bankrupt the Middle Class. Praeger.
- Miguel Centeno and Joseph N. Cohen (2010) Global Capitalism: A Sociological Perspective. Polity.
- Joseph N. Cohen (2016) “The Myth of America’s ‘Culture of Consumerism’: Policy May Help Drive American Households’ Fraying Finances” Journal of Consumer Culture
- Miguel Centeno and Joseph N. Cohen (2012) “The Arc of Neoliberalism” Annual Review of Sociology
- Miguel Centeno and Joseph N. Cohen (2006) “Neoliberalism and Patterns of Economic Development” Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
- Miguel Centeno and Joseph N. Cohen (2015) “Neoliberalism” Robert A. Scott and Stephen M. Kosslyn (eds.) Emerging Trends in the Behavioral and Social Sciences. Wiley and Sons.
- Joseph N. Cohen (2012) “Managing the Faustian Bargain: Monetary Autonomy in the Pursuit of Development in Eastern Europe and Latin America” in Renato Boschi and Carlos Henrique Santana (eds.) Development and Semi-Periphery: Post-Neoliberal Trajectories in South American and Central Eastern Europe. Anthem Press.
- Paul DiMaggio and Joseph N. Cohen (2005) “Information Inequality and Network Externalities: A Comparative Study of the Diffusion of Television and the Internet” in Victor Nee and Richard Swedberg (eds.) The Economy Sociology of Capitalism. Princeton University Press.
- Joseph N. Cohen (2015) “Wal-Mart Wars: Moral Populism in the 21st Century” Contemporary Sociology
- Joseph N. Cohen (2012) “Review: Terence Halliday and Bruce Carruthers, Bankrupt: Global Lawmaking and Systemic Financial Crisis” International Journal of Comparative Sociology
- Joseph N. Cohen (2008) “Long Wave Theory” in Stewart R. Cleff and James R. Bailey (eds.) International Encyclopedia of Organization Studies.